Monday, April 9, 2012

What am I doing?


This Journey is about us, the both of us... It is only fair that I also share how I feel thru out this whole Journey. Anna will be the main one to share all the steps here and there, I will just share my point of view.  If you are looking for right grammer or all the sentences sound right. You can forget it. I am just typing how I feel, I am not submitting this as a paper for grade... Here we go!!!

As a male, you are always taught to be tough, be independent and how to be successful, to be a great husband or father. But never once have anyone teach you what to do if something like this happen. So many people take getting your wife pregnant for granted. Is it really that easy, from a number point of view? You only have 5% chance each month. The number have always been stack against you. For those of us that can't make it. We asked: Is it my fault or is it hers? Does it make me less of a man if I cannot get her pregnant? NO! NO AND NO! I struggle with this idea time and time again. I don't believe the ability to get your wife pregnant has anything to do with how great of a man you are. I know many guys that get women pregnant are complete jerk and are much less of a "man" in my 2 cents. A man is not defined by something that you cannot control. Especially when the doctor told you there are nothing wrong with you and they have no idea why you can't get pregnant.  I read it all and We tried many of the methods. If they worked, I won't be typing this today. When I said we gone thru many methods and idea. We tried it all. IUI, IVF, Vitamin, even acupuncture. Nothing worked. We truly been around the block. It wasn't easy for me to come to the idea of adoption. I will try and post some of our treatment summary and how I come to the adoption decision in the upcoming posts. Stay Tune...

As you can see, English is not my strong suit. I am from Hong Kong and I came to US of A 14 years ago. I hope you can understand what I am typing. In all the research thru this journey, I have yet found any post about infertility from a male point of view. I know there are many couple going thru the same things as we are. I hope this can help you a little as you reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment